Saturday, February 23, 2008

Departure

In a departure from my usual electricity-saving choices, I tried something I've always conceived of as wasteful and stupid today. I went to the tanning bed. That's right I got naked, up-close, and personal with a plastic bed filled with ultraviolet light for 10 minutes. And you know what? It was a departure in more ways than one. I was hot and sweaty, and except for the lack of sand in my swimsuit, felt like I was at the beach. Ok, that might be a stretch, but on a snowy February day in New York City, it was kind of nice. The funniest part was the surprise I experienced when I saw snow outside...

3 comments:

media concepts said...

How come you didn't do the "human car wash" style spray tan? I have never been to a tanning salon, but I hear that the spray tans are popular.

*MP* said...

I think that would be much safer. As it turns out, I still have a sunburn and it's been almost 4 days.

Anonymous said...

Last time I knew anything about it (from being near someone who used it) those spray tanners stink!