Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Anorexia Bicicleta

I made a few more changes to the bike. New back wheel and hub. Ditched
old cassette (the cogs/gears in the back). Replaced tires with much
skinnier ones. Removed lock holster. Removed bracket for bike pump
(since I don't have one). Removed bell (might put it back on). New
single cog in back.

All in all: Bike lost 9 pounds and a whole lot of extraneous junk and
I can carry it down 7 flights of stairs in heels. It looks kind of
like it's anorexic.

Now I need pedals to clip into, shoes, and a water bottle cage.
That'll be next month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see the anorexic bike! Post pics! Sounds like lots of good improvements. Did you splurge on deep-v's?? What is the final weight? Pedal clips?? That's lame, then you can't ride in heels. :)

*MP* said...

26 pounds! I'll post pics I promise.

*MP* said...

I can ALWAYS ride in heels if I want. My riding buddy does it all the time with clip pedals. In fact, we're thinking of designing a line of clothing for the Pretty Rugged biker. It's gonna be slammin'. Maybe we'll put clips on high heeled shoes... or design some sort of harness for them.