Monday, September 08, 2008

Hay Mucho Trabajo

You may or may not know that I am planning to run a triathlon in October. Haven´t decided which one, but it will definitely be sprint distance and hopefully involve beer or some sort of spirits at the end of it.
 
I was feeling pretty athletic today and it was hot hot hot, so I threw on my speedo onezie and my rash guard (for sun protection) and set out to take a swim. On my way, I decided to run. So I ran ALL the way to Jesse´s Gym. It seemed really far away. As far as I can guess, this link will lead you to my route (for the lazy, it turned out to be less than a mile). Then I got in the water and decided to swim, like real swimming, not just catching waves and/or letting them thrash my body around. I decided I would swim to the thatched roof house which seemed like it was about 200 or 300 meters away. I guess I dont really know how far that is in real life, but let´s just say I did not make it before saying to myself "maybe you should just catch some waves". So I did. I´m not sure I actually know how to swim properly. I definitely don´t put my face in the water and that seems to be key. Maybe next time I will wear goggles.
 
This whole triathlon training thing is going to be pretty fun (and by fun I mean pathetic)... Oh and my bike handicap? Um, let´s just say the "FearGiant" MTB single speed conversion isn´t exactly going to do the job.

1 comment:

*MP* said...

I believe that was the last day of my triathlon training, for the record.