Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes We Can. Sí, se puede. Favorite quotes so far.

The next president of our country, Barack Obama, had the following to say. And then really super dramatic music played. It was awesome.

"I will always be honest with you about the challenges we face."

"This victory... is the chance for us to make the change we seek."

"Each of us resolves to pitch in."

"We rise or fall as one nation, as one people."

To those whose vote I did not earn tonight: "I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your president too."

"the true strength of our nation.... comes from the enduring power of our ideals: liberty democracy and unyielding hope."

"To reclaim the american dream."


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Lincoln for our time.

Anonymous said...

A Lincoln (that a government for the people by the people and of the people shall not perish: Gettysburgh Address and again tonight), an MLK (it may not happen in a year, or even in one term, but we as a people we are gonna get there: I have a dream and again tonight), and an Obama reprising lines from his speech in 2004, for our time.

It was truly inspiring, and I hope it will be the beginning, as he said, of the real change we need.

Anonymous said...

Did you see the interview on 60 Minutes tonight? It may have been even more reassuring than the acceptance speech.