Thursday, December 08, 2005

Move It!!

Ok, let's be honest. This post was created with the sole purpose of moving that terrible picture off the top of the page. This week has thus far been insane. It started with that picture (or the aftermath assumed therein) and hasn't really slowed down since. I somehow couldn't manage to finish my homework Sunday, so I ended up at the office doing it until 10pm on Tuesday. Tonight when I got home at 7:45, I realized I hadn't been home before 10 since the weekend. Luckily last night someone cooked me dinner and took care of me. But I lost an earring. I have some speculations about what might have happened to it, but so far none of those have turned up anything material. I need to decide what class to take next year. Or if I should take a class. One that has less homework would be pretty cool. My friend Erik is leaving me for Colorado. Pretty rad that he's decided to do it, but not for me. I just found out that one of the girls I went to Niger with is married and having a kid. Yes, she's my age. AND she's starting a church in her house. I grew up in a family full of ministers and weekly church goers and I still think that's weird. Another one is getting married in December to some dude. I am either out of touch (highly likely) or these people are really moving fast (also highly likely). Today at work was one annoyance after another and I am currently on a you-must-have-patience-young-grasshopper kick. I will be patient. I can do it. Most of the time I want to stuff cotton in my ears and sing la la la la I can't hear you la la la la . I have all these deliverables due like tomorrow. Only it's really "like". There's not a lot of pressure at my office unless you put it on yourself. And man do I lay it on. It's torture. Thank God I'm not someone's boss. Actually, I think I would be a reasonable boss. I like to talk to people about what they're doing and how they're doing it. I like teaching. I like learning. Positive feedback loops, you know. How do you like my stream of consciousness post. Par for the course?

No comments: