Thursday, December 21, 2006

Anywhere, USA

My recent flight from New York to Indianapolis reminded me that airports are often distinctly non-descript. there are a few exceptions in the newer terminals, but in those built in a previous era, I might as well have flown in circles around the same airport, landed and then entered a different dimension when I left the building. The buildings are the same. Same old, stale carpet. Same toothless, pimpled, somewhat surly service staff at the restaurants. Same manicured, uniformed flight crews who always seem to know some sort of inside joke. Same Starbucks. (except in Idaho)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would that be your own private Idaho without a Starbucks?

*MP* said...

I'm pretty sure that the Boise airport does not have one.

*MP* said...

In fact, I just checked and according to the city's website, the Airport has no Starbucks. As I recall, they have something tastier and less expensive.