Thursday, December 21, 2006

On behalf of your Memphis-based flight crew...

This morning's flight was crewed by a distinctly Tennesseean crew. I was sitting near the front and was privy to this conversation:

Flight Attendant (strong Memphis accent): "On behalf of your (as if you hadn't guessed) Memphis-based flight crew, we'd like to welcome you aboard"

Front Row Guy: "I knew you must be from Tennessee. I love the accent."

FA: "You know, most of the time people just think I'm dumb. The looks up north in reaction to my accent are priceless. [turns to tend to something in the kitchen] I've got brains; I just don't sound like it. I have a master's and I'm working on my PhD."

FRG: "In what?"

FA: "Special Ed. Special Education. It helps a LOT with this job."

Front Section of Aircraft: [Eruption of Laughter]

FRG: "Maybe you should go into comedy."

FA: "Believe me. I could."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chrystina, If I could ever meet another woman like you and I had any idea of how to make her mine I would do whatever I could to make it happen. I have never met any other woman that can hold a candle to the light you shine. So many qualities that are rare to find in one person. all the mushy stuff aside, you're a genuinely cool person I feel so fortunate to have spent even the smallest amount of time with. for years i've held you as the standard that I could only dream of finding someone to remotely match. Its not going to happen. I guess i just wanted you to know that even after all these years the impression you left on me is still as fresh and inspiring as it was then