Monday, January 21, 2008

Success! (so far)

That's right folks, I've been able to find my keys pretty darn consistently since I decided that I needed to focus on that December 10, 2007. I was concerned that I would lose the pattern when I went to Indiana for a week, but I found a way to keep up the habit by being very mindful of other people's keys -- like my mom's car keys which I borrowed a few times. Incidentally, I think the key focus has helped me to be a little less aimless about other things like my checkbook or glasses. Also, I find myself planning things ahead (like putting my book in my bag when I think of it the night before instead of trying to remember it the next morning). This independence from my own memory is sort of liberating. I'm a little concerned that I will get complacent about it and start slipping, but it might actually be a part of me now. We can only hope.

No comments: