Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Freaking Yuppy

I never thought that I would be the one feeling preppy in Kentucky, but in a roomful of tattooed, pierced, chain-smoking poolsharks, and me in my pink Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky T-Shirt, that was exactly how I felt. Maybe I really am just a yuppy as my now forced to be secret friend constantly accuses me of being because of my affinity for fine wine and food. It's not even that fine! I swear!

Anyway, Kentucky was a great time. I ended up with $350 in vouchers for future travel after having spent $300, so I guess I really did get lucky in Kentucky. It was absolutely beautiful weather and absolutely beautiful to have a reunion with my friends. A renewed spirit.

So I came back to not too many piles of work as I had worked sporadically throughout the weekend, including my most scary challenge: actually teaching. I actually taught. Or maybe I just did homework for the students in the statistics class. Either way, I did it right and wasn't even a little bit nervous. So that was good.

Now to teach the boyfriend how to design, develop, manipulate and maintain a relational database. Shouldn't take more than an hour and a half... right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is a "relational database" what used to be called a "little black book." If so, why teach the boyfriend how to work it?

*MP* said...

har dee har har