Sunday, April 23, 2006

Live, Work, and Play

Louisville is the place to do it if you ask the slogan on their trash cans.

I was not expecting much from this place, but so far it has produced several very fun, eclectic clothing stores, affordable prices, and even a good beer selection. I had a Dogfish Head today, and the same Irish pub served all of the Guiness selections, Chimay, Maudite, Fin du Monde, etc. I have to say that I was expecting the premium beer to be Blue Moon (Coors product).

The city is in preparation for the Kentucky Derby, and today was "Thunder", which means that there was a massive fireworks display over the river. Not exactly Boston 4th of July, but pretty impressive. Plus they actually serve beer.

The population is decidedly different from Boston, but I will have to expand on that thought later.

It is past my bedtime.

No comments: