Sunday, July 10, 2005

Adventures in Hingham

Things that have gone wrong:
1. The one night I got home at the late old hour of 9pm, the neighbor was IN my house feeding the dog (and I think drinking our wine).
2. Last night, driving home in flash flood conditions, I got lost for about half an hour or more on a road that would have taken me there anyway.
3. I parked today in a place that magically turns into resident only parking at 6pm. I knew this, but forgot momentarily and wasn't keeping track of time. I got a $40 ticket. Thanks Boston. That was one expensive dog walk and house cleaning. I should have just hired someone else to do it.
4. I couldn't for the life of me find the lids to any of the pots and pans until emailing the owner of the house.

Things that are awesome:
1. I really like this dog even though he smells a little bit bad.
2. I get to read the paper while drinking coffee that was served to me on a boat on the way to work.
3. I am the youngest person on that boat.
4. The boat is full (which means that many people are not driving into Boston further polluting the air etc.)

Things that are just plain strange:
1. I picked up poop at 6:30 on Thursday morning.
2. I almost vomited right there defeating the purpose of picking it up in the first place.
3. The dog has Lyme disease, so I have to give him pills. I tried the Vet method of opening his mouth, sticking the pill in the back, and forcing him to keep it closed until the pill is gone. But, well, we didn't really synch so well on that, so I resorted to the peanut butter on graham cracker method. He loves peanut butter.
4. Me driving a car. I've realized that I'm probably not the world's gift to driving. I'm pretty curteous and cautious, but not entirely comfortable with the whole thing. Pedestrians love me. People behind me hate me. I'm slow.

No comments: