Saturday, July 16, 2005

Thieves!!

Last night I went to the fridge to open the bottle of wine I brought from Boston. It wasn't there. No, I'm not just losing it. I know that I offered it to my friend (who declined) on Tuesday night and I was looking right at it then. And, no, I didn't drink it in a stupor on my own.

Do you know who I think stole it?

The neighbor.

The only mystery that remains was whether it was the Mom (37+), the Daughter (17), or the Son (14).

I'm pretty sure the mom already drank some of the open wine earlier in the week, but this is a new low. This is the same person who stranded me at the shipyard for 2 hours. I guess leaving the doors unlocked is not such a good idea when you have sneaky little meddling neighbors.

Needless to say, I am both pissed and utterly surprised that anyone would do such a thing.

Expenses incurred (thus far) on this housesitting excursion that I will not recover:

Bottle of wine
Tank of gas for an SUV
$40 parking ticket
Awful food from non-WholeFoods location (I am spoiled)

No comments: