Thursday, March 03, 2005

Eschew Disappointment

Things I learned tonight:

1. To eschew disappointment, one must deliver on things people want.
2. Some people are more demanding than others.
3. One of these more demanding people, who happens to be quite effective, demanded that he be included in this evening's post.
3a. This includes the expectation that I will actually post.
4. I am a pushover.
5. At Addis Red Sea, my favorite Ethiopian restaurant in the city, they don't ask questions. They just want answers.
6. J.P. Licks satisfies ice cream cravers.
7. Even if you spend the evening talking about work-related stuff, it can still be fun (this isn't so new).
8. Interrupting is rude and I am a frequent offender (also not new).
9. Some people call dinner "supper" and they're not trying to be funny by doing so.
10. If you want people to leave, play them music of which your voice is a part. (only kidding)

No comments: