Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Confiscated Breath

No, I wasn't swept off my feet by a knight in shining armor (where are you, mystery fan?). I walked outside my apartment tonight on my way to the store and noticed something amazing. The tulip tree blossoms are peeking out of their fuzzy little buds. I'll be sure to snap a photo for tomorrow's post.

I just did some research to prove to the world that the tree I was talking about above is, indeed, a tulip tree. It turns out that while I am not, by any means, the only one under this misconception, the actual name for said tree is the Saucer Magnolia or Magnolia soulangeana, not the Tulip Tree or Liriodendron.

I washed dishes. I broke one. In the sink. With several gallons of water in it.

And just like that, she changed her ways. There was an end to the several gallon dish wash.

Why is my job stressful? It didn't used to be. Oh yeah, the fact that I have no idea what I'm doing but somehow manage to pull off the appearance that I'm totally on top of it. It's really a shame that I was so eager to get attention for this blog--nearly all of my colleagues have access to it. Well, my dear KLD friends, the secret has been revealed and the emporer has no clothes.

That makes me the emporer! Awesome! I guess it doesn't matter whether I can do my job: I'm just a figurehead anyway. I should call up Georgie and commiserate. (Click on the Georgie link. It's funny.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooooo, i like the click links business...makes view all that more entertaining....yay.