Friday, April 22, 2005

Hebrew and Lavatories

Last time I was on a plane, a poor man had a seizure, wet himself, turned purple and died. His wife proceeded to pass out and they were both taken to ambulances on the tarmac at the Chicago airport. Now I am sitting behind a little boy (who is about the cutest kid ever—not counting my own sister) who I believe wet the “bed” and is now hacking up a lung—or two. His bed is just above my feet, which explains why my computer is not on the floor, but rather, is here cramping me into my seat.

Altitude sickness is a bitch. I thought I only got it when driving up mountains and the like. Well, considering the sad state of affairs going on in my lower intestine, I would say that it is safe to add planes to the danger zone list. I really hope my little buddy next to me isn’t reading this. If he does, he’ll know that all that in-seat vibration was not due to turbulence. I have been on this plane for 4 hours now and the sun has basically not changed position. I have 2.5 hours to go and now it smells like shit. I swear it’s not me. It might have to do with the fact that I’m in row 25, aka the lavatory.

Where did the word lavatory come from anyway? Let’s come up with a pretty little word for “smelliest place on earth” they said. And it was. I’m passing over some really pretty snow-capped mountains. I wonder how long this post will be. It is my birthday.

My Product teammates gave me flowers today and even a key lime pie. It was Claire’s b-day a few weeks ago, so she also got some flowers and some pie. And the research girls came through with the old standard--a box of birthday munchkins. Awesome!

Olivia and the Maternal Units called this morning and left a message with a Hebrew birthday song as well as Happy Birthday to You – CHA CHA CHA! I didn’t hear the message, but called them back and they sang it again, only more awake this time. Olivia wanted to make a cake in my honor so she could have a piece. How did MY sister get a sweet tooth? Something about that missing biological link I guess. She also likes McDonalds.

It is bumpy.

No comments: