Wednesday, April 27, 2005

What do you want to know?

The Trip: well, it was a trip, like the acidic kind, but without the acid.

My dad and I threw a party which was attended by 4 people who graduated from my high school. Keep in mind that I went to high school in Indiana and my dad lives in California. I guess it's the place to be.

Six Flags on a week day morning is PHAT. Just don't ride the spinny thing--even if you think you can be tough. You will want to vomit. I had no trouble with the 0-100mph in 6 seconds, straight up Superman ride, however. Brian and I rode that continuously in nothing but the first row. It was fabulous. You're weightless at the top for an instant. Plus, it's propelled by magnets. Magnets! It sounds like a jet taking off.

Unfortunately, I got sunburned on my shoulders and felt like I was going to die for most of the next day. What a lame guest! I actually fell asleep at breakfast. In a diner. I twitched. That's bad. Two beers shouldn't knock you out for the whole next day. Other losses that day included my sunglasses, which I crushed, and my camera, which I baptized in a pint-sized water ride. Somehow, it didn't mess with my day at all--the camera issue just gives me justification to get the one I really want. What a sick little consumer I am.

Being vegetarian hasn't worked out for me this time. I saw my doctor yesterday and she agrees that it's a bad idea. So I'm quitting. I won't go overboard with the carnivorous lifestyle as I still believe in the environmental reasons for my diet, but I will eat it. I'll just do my best to eat "natually raised" meats. I'm not actually sure what that means, so if anyone is an expert I'd love to know more. Luckily Whole Foods is next door so I have a fresh supply. I wonder how much they waste there. They get a new giant trash bin every day. I should know. It's my second alarm clock--which didn't work on Monday when I came to around noon. Oops.

Live and in person, I saw Rachel Garlin and Hot Buttered Rum String Band Monday night. If either Rachel or Hot Buttered Rum are coming to a venue near you, I highly recommend seeing their show.

Everyone should check out this guy Mark Farina. Granted, in my case it's dad music, but a 25-year-old male coworker told me he wants to be my dad, so it might not be that bad. And while that comment raised a few eyebrows, no, the coworker doesn't want to be my "daddy". But I heard Jude Law does. Can someone give him my number? Shanksh.

Sorry for the randomness. Didn't know where to start. Don't know where to end. So here is good.

No comments: