Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Adulthood

What is an adult? Is it the legal and ripe old age of 18? Is it 21 when you can (again legally) consume a beverage that will make you regress? All of this doesn't really matter to this post as I would argue that at both limits the following is true: I have never been on a date in my adult life. I've sort of been on High School dates, but those are always parentally screened endeavours, and therefore not as scary. Justin and I met at a party. Then, I asked him to come on a nighttime photo hunt with me. We also went to a movie once, but as I recall that was just like friends going to a movie since (a) it was Apocalypse Now Redux and (b) I believe we paid separately. I could be wrong. But basically since then, I've never been on a date and certainly never since I was 21, which, due to the one priviledge afforded by attaining such an age can be quite different from a pre-21 date--I would imagine. Well, this is all going to change tomorrow. I'll tell you more when I know more. The question remains: do I tell him before or after that it's my first date?

No comments: