Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Oops! Missed a spot:

This addendum has been attached to the original letter in the post below titled "How did I get this way?". The author noted the missing piece... For those of you who know me in a professional (or as I like to call it, anti-professional) setting, you'll be surprised to find it actually wasn't ME pointing out someone's error, but rather, someone pointing out my error. It does happen. Especially coming from this person, who, for better or for worse, has some similar characteristics.

I am sure the department has a checklist of things it does to prepare a laptop. And since nothing could be more fundamental to the utility of a laptop than that it function while on your lap, I am equally sure that "check battery" is a high priority item on that list. Even if the department wouldn't have done it before, I am certain that after my last experience and resulting bitter tirade, the department made sure to charge the battery on this machine that I specifically requested be loaded with a presentation file for me to review before my speech tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT! you do speaches now!? you´re crazy young-how do they let you make speeches?

*MP* said...

I don't do speeches. The person who wrote this was giving a presentation on, well, something gortesquely boring.