Sunday, October 23, 2005

Halloweenie

Generally for Halloween I like to take an abstract idea or inanimate object and attempt to personify it. For example, last year I was the blaster worm computer virus--it involved a lot of pink spandex. This year, I decided to take a different route and go for a movie character--a recent movie character--and go as Willy Wonka (the Johnny Depp version, thank you very much).

Thought process on choosing the costume about 2 months ago:
1. Motley Princess sees the poster for the new movie.
2. MP thinks "Who's that woman?"
3. MP realizes "It's Johnny Depp"
4. MP knows "I have to be that"

I was a freaking hot Willy Wonka; I was channeling Johnny Depp... Ok maybe not, but you can't say I didn't try. However, I was angry most of the evening because, you guessed it, someone else was also attempting Wonka. He looked more like Elton John, though. Freaking loser. Still, nothing worse than having the same costume as someone else.

The good news: that was the warm up party and I have next weekend to redeem myself. But with what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and yet, no picture on flickr or on the blog. tease