Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What Happened to the Motley Princess, Envy of the World?

I know. I've been angsty lately. Activistic, angsty, angry even.

Right now is good though because someone is sleeping with me. And by that I mean in the same room. On a different bed. Laura is in town and I couldn't be happier. Well, I'd be happier if she weren't leaving next Tuesday, but I take what I can get.

My sister seems to think I'm immune from depression, and to a large degree that's true, but a lack of sleep, general frustration in the work place, and best friends being far away are not good in combination. Thank God for Anna (except that she doesn't believe in God, but whatever). I also just found out that one of my people* is coming back to me. He's coming here for a while to see if he might stay. Bad ass, I say. Then someone will sleep with me again. In the same room. On a different bed.

Choir is going well. Class is going well. It goes even better (or more interestingly) if you have had zero to little food all day plus a glass of wine prior to said event. I know what a z-score is, baby. Top that.

It's been the week of the substitute, however. On Monday we had a substitute director - Dr. Jones - which made me happy because I haven't seen her since before I graduated and I think that she might have played a role in hanging the moon and/or setting the stars.

In class we had 2 TA's teaching. It's kind of funny to see someone who you know is really smart and quick get really slow due to the added stress of being in front of 100 people and a hi-res camera. But they got the point across.

*I don't have permission to disclose my mystery person, so I won't. I really don't think he'd mind if I told you individually, so email me if you're curious. cg [at] motleyprincess [dot] com.

No comments: