Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Magnet Program

Laura has a new enviable blog which is here. I also changed the link in the sidebar.

While Laura was here we were on a mission to find SITC moments. First she had to get me on board by renting and watching several episodes of the HBO classic. It was pretty difficult to rope me into that one. Right.

Then we planned out an evening that took us to a fine art exhibit. A mingling event that showcased said art. A brand spanking new bar. (It might also be a brand new spanking bar, but we haven't gotten that familiar with the waitstaff yet). A party where we reminisced with long lost freshman year floor mates of mine whom I never thought I would see again. Then we went home.

What did we learn from this evening?

If it rains, bring a prophylactic device of some sort to prevent getting wet (or use your poor, sorry state to cajole someone into driving you around).

Bright colors, like in the wild, do attract the opposite sex (or the same sex if that's your thing). Although in my case, it was a gender flip, but I don't really believe in gender anyway, so whatever.

Short skirts definitely attract the opposite sex (or, like I said, the same sex).

Guys really do make cat calls. Especially black guys. (This is not racism, this is pure observation and not meant to have statistical accuracy.)

And last but not least (this is an ongoing realization): I am an old guy magnet. But that's ok because I don't really believe in age.

As the boys of OutKast say: "Age ain't nothin' but a number"

No comments: