Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Clearing the Clutter

I'm really good at noticing work patterns and figuring out ways to program the computer to do things. In fact, and perhaps to a fault, I spend a lot of time thinking about how I can avoid doing repetitive work. I'm sure in some cases it would actually be faster and potentially more accurate just to do it manually, but I hate that. So I typically don't. It's generally more accurate for the computer to copy and paste things when it's all rule-based, so I just plug and it does all the chug.

As you may have learned from previous posts, this does not translate into my personal life (except as that involves the computer). In a way I'm actually trying to program myself -- to make things easier by having the program just run instead of having to think about it.

My goal with this whole thing is to eventually be able to find stuff, have a cleaner room, and basically free up time to think more clearly. It seems odd at first to think that starting a habit will allow me to think more clearly, but nothing seems more clear than that to me at this point.

1 comment:

eleKtrofly said...

wow-- i can't do stuff like that