Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hangover Karma

Today I got a call from a friend, we'll call her Lady, asking me where I was. Well, I was in the basement of a Chinese junk shop called Pearl River in SoHo/Chinatown looking at curtains. She happened to be just finishing a shopping trip at Banana Republic where she had met some interesting new friends.

The women in front of her in line started chatting about how hungover they were and then asked Lady whether she liked the Knicks. She, coincidentally, had been trying to get to a game ever since taking a big exam in early December and told them that. So, since they were in no shape for a basketball game, they offered her tickets to tonight's game! And then she, being the dear, wonderful friend she is, called and asked if I would like to join her.

Let's suffice it to say that I didn't buy any curtains tonight, but I did buy a Budweiser.

Final Score: Knicks 108, Cavaliers 90

Chrystina and Lady: Totally satisfied (not to mention the spice of our row of doting men)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really know how to live.