Thursday, February 03, 2005

Why So Envious?

Well, my friends, now I can keep up with you Mr. Jones, Madame Jones, etc etc.. I started this blog tonight because I am jealous. I envy my friends who are out trekking the world and chronicling their daily lives. I'm especially envious that they have something interesting to say every day, so I am going to try to do the same. Living in Boston always with camera in hand. Ready to text a message to my blog at a moment's notice. Life can be boring when you expect it to be, but when you're abroad, you expect excitement and everything seems exciting. People can write pages about ordering food at McDonald's (or macodonodono... or however you say it in Japanese). So maybe, just maybe, if I expect life to bring excitement even on my same-old-commute Thursday, a worthy story will come out. Am I waxing poetic -- or pathetically trying? Well that's what this is all about right? So anyway, until next time. ....by the way, sorry about stealing your template, Laura... I'm the lady in black and I just can't help it. Maybe I'll design a new one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're blogging for the right reason...keep it up!! Even your same-old-commute Thursday is exciting to someone if you articulate it well. Tell me about the old man reading the paper? There's bound to be at least one.
-The Man in Black