Thursday, June 23, 2005

Bringing Back the Goods

This will be quick because I have a million things to do. I just hopped off the plane from Boise. I wish I could hop back on. The Idaho trip was a blast. The ride there was painfully long and included a little jaunt through the mini terminal in an island in the middle of the San Fransisco tarmac that was frequented by mini planes that go to places like Chino. It was cute but stuffy. I got on the plane (and so did someone who was trying to go to Albuquerque... fitting) and sat next to someone who had just married a woman named Wy Lin (spelling is likely off). She sort of speaks English and he speaks "some" Mandarin. I wonder how meaningful that relationship is... There was also a couple who had brought back a baby girl (very cute). Turns out China is supplying the U.S. with its population. Fine by me, but funny.

On the way back I luckily only had to stop in Chicago, which unlike San Fran is actually on the way. Almost missed the flight though since my first one was very non-chalantly 30 minutes late which gave me about 20 minutes to make the final boarding call and O'Hare is mammoth.

There are lots of things to say about the actual trip, but for now you get the there and back again stories. Yes, I quoted and referenced the Lord of the Rings too much. I tried not to, but it just fits so well into everyday life that I really couldn't avoid it.

No comments: