Friday, August 19, 2005

Burning Hot Death

Ok, I'm never travelling through Dallas again. I knew I was allergic to it, but I didn't know I was just unlucky in it too. Today I got out of customs and to my connecting flight without a hitch. I even found an ABP (Au Bon Pain). Then I got on my plane with the correct group number etc. Then it started to get hot. Then they told us the battery died on the plane which was why the A/C wasn't working. Then they told us that maintenance had flagged but not repaired the problem while it was in the hangar. Then they told us that they were pumping cool air into the plane but "for some reason" it wasn't making it to the vents. So we sat and roasted in the Dallas sun with the shades drawn to block out the heat. I tried to sleep. The man next to me was about 7 feet tall and completely hairless. As in he shaved his hair. Even from his knuckles and arms. It was growing back. I desperately wanted to ask why he was like that, but was afraid that he would look at me funny and I would suddenly be crushed by the idea of him not liking my question. So I didn't.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so hilarious! so you're back then, eh? I'm glad you had fun. How did you meet young people? I swear I didn't see any when I was there! Mom let you come in that late at night!? hijole. no puedo creer. en mis suenos.

*MP* said...

Dear Amy, I'm 23 years old and I live alone. You're not and you don't. And you certainly weren't 3 years ago when you were in Cancún. However, to tell you the truth, I was actually a little surprised when she seemed to have no problem with it.

Anonymous said...

Chrystina!
I was wondering what resort you were going to. Lucky. I'm glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

he could have had chemotherapy.
kiss
anna