Friday, August 19, 2005

El Pequeño

Last night, after witnessing the wet body contest at a place called Dady [sic] Rock, I got on the bus to go back to the resort. It was fairly full, but this time not with drunken college students puking on my feet. It was actually pretty calm. Then El Pequeño worked his magic.

While I was at Dady Rock, on the outside patio, there was a 10-year-old boy with 3-D glasses and a striped blue T-Shirt sitting outside lipsynching what he thought were the words to popular American (English) songs. Pretty hilarous, but fairly disturbing that he was out there alone. I named him El Pequeño.

Back to the bus. El Pequeño was there to greet us. We get on the apparently calm bus and then it begins. BA BA BAMBA! El Pequeño started an entire bus of adults singing La Bamba and Tequila at 2:30 in the morning. Then he walked around and collected his payment. I gave him 8 pesos or so (80 cents). I probably shouldn't have encouraged this behavior since he's probably not in school because of it, but it was just so damn cute.

No comments: